Sunday, June 16, 2013

Octacosanol

Octacosanol is a chemical extracted from wheat germ oil. It is chemically similar to vitamin E. Octacosanol is a potent nerve and brain nutrient. Dr. Carlton Fredericks, demonstrated the amazing value of this nutrient as it helped dozens of people emerge from comas with tube feedings of octacosanol. Additionally supplements of wheat germ oil can increase an athlete’s endurance and oxygen consumption at a high altitude. 

Effective for: 
  • Degenerative neurological diseases 
  • Fatigue 
  • Lou Gehrigs disease (ALS) 
  • Multiple sclerosis 
  • Muscular dystrophy 
  • Parkinson’s disease 

Supplements: 
Therapeutically a natural extract of wheat germ oil works better than synthetic octacosanol. 

Recommended Dose: 
40-80 mg per day 

Side effects and precautions: 
Octacosanol interacts with Levodopa/Carbidopa drugs that are used n Parkinson’s disease.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning ! Thanks for this information, very interesting. I know about octacosanol and the germ oil, I have beeen able to find some scientific evidence and research about this nutrient and Parkinson disease treatment on rats , but I could not find nothing related to Multiple Sclerosis. Would you be so gentle to point me some links on Pubmed or similar about treatments for MS ?

    I would be very thankful

    Thank you
    Gianpaolo Usai
    CNM College of Naturopathic Medicine (London)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for my delayed response, unfortunately I do not have a specific paper to point you to, but I found this information mentioned by Dr. Atkins in his study where he administered 15-30 mg a day for his MS patients. I did find a book mentioned on pubmed though, here is the link
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK222394/

      Delete